Trent & Dove Housing Limited became a charitable industrial and provident society, registered by the Financial Services Authority on 1st April 2009. The company was originally constituted as a 'not for profit' company limited by guarantee, set up specifically for the purpose of accepting the transfer of around 5700 properties from the East Staffordshire Borough Council.
The Trent and Dove Awards (Video)
Requires a broadband internet connection and Adobe Flash Player
The first of our annual Impact on the Community Awards event - see how we celebrate success with residents and community partners who have gone the 'extra mile' in helping to transform lives and neighbourhoods.
The transfer of housing stock from East Staffordshire Borough Council took place on 26 March 2001 after an overwhelming vote in favour of the action by residents, following extensive consultation with them.
77.5% of residents who took part in the independent ballot voted in favour of the transfer to Trent & Dove Housing based upon a 66.2% turnout. This figure is thought to be even higher as around 1/3rd of the Council’s housing stock was held in joint tenancies and many households may only have returned one form rather than voting individually.
Whilst this transfer was undertaken without any form of Government Grant, it enabled the Company to have access to private loan facilities to be able to raise capital to improve the quality of homes and fund its Business Plan. In 2008, a re-financing arrangement was reached with Lloyds TSB. This has reinforced Trent & Dove's position in its ability to deliver its mission of transforming homes, lives and neighbourhoods. The refinancing has given Trent & Dove Housing Limited an enviable position of financial viability and stability in the current economic climate, a position that has been recognised by its regulators with them awarding their highest 'Green Light' for viability.
Alongside the routine management of our housing stock we also offer and maintain the FirstCall TwentyFour-seven service and have Sheltered Housing (Retirement) schemes available throughout the area. To complement these services, working actively with specialist partners, we provide Specific Needs Support for our more vulnerable residents.
we have replaced unsuitable buildings and re-modelled our housing stock through a targeted development programme in line with our customers identified needs.
Our Transfer Promises
When we transferred from East Staffordshire Borough Council the following promises to tenants were made;
- Rents – For the 5 years following transfer, the annual rent increase will be limited to no more than the increase in the RPI + 1%. (This applies to all tenants who transferred to Trent & Dove).
- Major Property Improvements – within the 5 years following transfer, to offer to tenants, in homes where the items are not already present, the opportunity to have new windows (4000), Kitchens (1500), Bathrooms (1000), New Central Heating fitted (1700) or upgraded (700).
- Tenant Participation – 5 places on the board of management specifically for tenants, with tenant representation groups supported & encouraged.
We are please to say that all these promises were kept and in the case of the property improvements, completed a year ahead of schedule. That didn't mean work stopped and improvements, under a programme of works, have continued to provide new kitchens, bathrooms, heating systems, insulation, windows and doors.
Amendments to the board constitution following East Staffordshire Borough Council's decision to withdraw from the board now means that our tenants have even more say in the running of the company with a 50% split of tenant members to Independent members. (6 and 6).
Our Commitment to Customer Care
We are committed to providing an effective & efficient service to all of our residents and we will continually strive to improve how we deliver this.
We want our residents to be involved and help us by joining in any of our participation schemes, or by making use of our customer feedback system through the Comments, Compliments, and Complaints procedure.
click here to view A Guide to comments, compliments and complaints
Value for Money at Trent & Dove Housing
- We have a clear strategy to ensure we deliver value for money to our customers. To view our strategy, please click here.
- We assess our compliance with the HCA 'Value for Money Standard' on an annual basis. This is included in our annual operating and financial returns which form part of our statutory accounts. To view a copy, please click here.
- In addition, we're also keen to communicate our commitment to value for money to our customers and as such, this forms an important part of our 'Review of the Year'. To view a copy, please click here.