Rent notices 2023
Your rent is reviewed every financial year and this starts in April. As your landlord, we get government guidance on how your rent is calculated. We will write to you well in advance of any changes, with an explanation of the calculation. This years rent letters are being sent out from Tuesday the 14th of February 2023.
Increase in rent
From 3rd April 2023 the total amount you pay will be inreasing.
Although significantly less than current inflation, I recognise the increase is a sizeable change. We appreciate that the rise in the cost of living is impacting our customers. We offer a variety of ways to support you in your home, more information on which can be found here. Please do get in touch if you think you may benefit from our help. The Frequently asked Questions below may also be helpful.
Some residents live in a property with shared facilities, and receive additional services such as grass cutting, and cleaning and lighting of communal areas. If this applies to you, the enclosed notice will include the amount of service charge that you will pay from 3rd April 2023. Service charges will increase by up to £3 per week, dependent upon the type of service that you receive.
If you claim Universal Credit, or you are asked to claim Universal Credit, it is your responsibility to inform the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) of any changes to your rent.
Please update your housing costs on your Universal Credit online Journal or take your ‘Notice of Rent Increase 2023’ and this letter along to your local Jobcentre Plus, from 1st April 2023 onwards. Any updates submitted before this date will be rejected and will need to be resubmitted in April.
If you receive Housing Benefit, your claim will automatically be re-calculated from April 2023, based on your new rent amount. You do not need to contact your local Council’s Housing Benefit Section regarding this letter. We notify them.
If you do not receive Housing Benefit and you think you may qualify, please contact your local Council directly. In most instances, online is the quickest way to apply.
- East Staffordshire Borough Council: 01283 508422 or www.eaststaffsbc.gov.uk
- South Derbyshire District Council: 01283 595795 or www.southderbyshire.gov.uk
- North West Leicestershire District Council: 01530 454545 or www.nwleics.gov.uk
- North Warwickshire Borough Council: 01827 715341 or www.northwarks.gov.uk
Ways to pay your rent
- Direct Debit - We take your rent straight from your bank account. It’s easy, convenient, doesn’t cost you anything and we do all the work! To set up a Direct Debit, please call 01283 528528
- AllPay Online - You can pay your rent online by visiting www.allpay.net You will need your Trent & Dove payment card and a credit or debit card.
- Post Office – Using your Trent & Dove payment card at any Post Office.
- PayPoint - Your Trent & Dove payment card will also work in any shop that displays the PayPoint logo.
- By Telephone - You can pay your rent at any time by calling 01283 528528, option
If you are struggling to pay your rent, please let us know as soon as possible. Our team are here to help and will talk you through the support options available to you.
We hope that everything your letter and on your notice has been clearly explained. If you require any further information, or would like this letter in a different format, please contact us, and our Customer Service Team will be happy to help.
For more information on how we use your rent, please click here.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.