Help we can offer if you are struggling to pay
We can help if things get difficult. If your circumstances change, it is key that you address it earlier than later to stop possible problems from getting out of hand. Our Income Management Team will be happy to talk through the options and can refer you for further support where needed. We can help you with:
It is important that you pay your rent and that you pay it on time - it is a condition of your tenancy agreement. If you start to have money worries, please contact us.
We will try to contact you if we think something isn’t right. Failure to pay rent in line with your tenancy agreement and ignoring our contact to help could result in legal action, further costs and you losing your home.
- Don’t ignore us – we will try to help where we can. There is often support available that needs a referral – we can do this.
- Make a list of all your income and outgoings and note how often they are paid.
- Gather your bills in one place – it helps with paying them on time.
- Don’t borrow money from door-to-door or payday lenders as it can make the problem worse.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help! Details of some money advice agencies can be found here.
Help us to help you
We don’t want you to lose your home. That’s why we will do all we can to help you. If you are struggling, please contact our Income Team on 01283 528528.