Bogus Caller Warning
Customer News, News
Trent & Dove is today warning customers not to allow anyone into their home claiming to be working for “The Electricity Board” without seeing any identification.
The warning is being made after reports of bogus calls in parts of Horninglow, where fraudsters are claiming to be from “The Electricity Board.”
If you are in doubt, please keep anyone from entering your property. Our Operatives and approved Contractors will always have clear identification badges and will not mind you asking them to show it to you. If you are still unsure, please phone us to confirm before letting anyone in. It is also important to note that we would never ask for any sort of cash payment from a customer before carrying out work and wherever possible, appointments will have been arranged at a time and date that is suitable for you.
Our customer safety is very important to us so please ensure that you stay vigilante at all times. Anyone who suspects a bogus caller can call us on 01283 528 528 to verify their identity.
The following advice about bogus calls has been provided by the Police Force;
- If you receive a phone call asking for your bank details or for large sums of cash call police from a different phone, for example a neighbours, or wait 5 minutes and be sure you hear a dial tone before dialling.
- Don’t be frightened to ask for identification and always check it carefully. If you’re not sure, ask them to come back another day.
- Think about installing a door chain and use it. Keep the door on the chain until you’ve seen identification.
- If you need your glasses to read the identification, close the door before going to find them. Don’t leave the door open and unattended.
- Remember to lock the back door before opening the front.
- Don’t be pressured into letting someone into your home if you have suspicions.
- Don’t keep large amounts of cash in the house.
- Don’t believe scare stories. Not all callers are genuine.