Cloud Search Menu Plus Minus

Universal Credit - Update your journal

Universal Credit - Update your journal

Customer News, News

 If you claim Universal Credit you will need to update your rent & service charge figures on your UC journal. It is your responsibility to update this as Trent & Dove Housing cannot inform Universal Credit about any rent changes on your behalf.

You will need to log into your UC claim page and there should be a reminder in your ‘to do’ section to update your housing costs. If this is not there and you have not already completed this, you will need to click on ‘report a change of circumstances' to update ‘Where you live and what it costs' under ‘something else’.  

When prompted you will need to input the following:

  • Rent amount
  • Eligible service charge
  • Ineligible service charge
  • Charge frequency
  • Number of rent free weeks per year

 It is really important that the date of change is 04/04/2022 for this to be approved.

A letter was posted to each household with the new rent & service charge figures in February 2022. If you need these figures confirming again, please contact us on 01283 528528.

Give feedback
  • Text size
  • Choose language
  • Close