This benefit calculator can help you determine what you can claim from national and local government.
This service is provided by 'Entitledto', the leading provider of online benefit calculators in the UK today.
Before you start to use the calculator, there are a few things that you will need to know. It will be easier for you to work through all the questions if you have gathered all the information before you start.
- Details of all your income, e.g. state pension, occupational pension, disability allowance, attendance allowance, other state benefits and any earnings.
- If you are married, in a civil partnership, or living with someone as a couple, what is your partner’s income, including any benefits? We need to know this as you will be assessed as a couple. If you have anyone else living with you, we need to know about that too.
- How much money do you have in savings, investments and other capital?
- How much is your annual council tax bill and do you get any help with it?
- Do you pay rent or mortgage? How much?
- Do you have anyone else, eg grown-up children, living with you? Are they in employment or on benefits? What is their income?
- Does anyone receive carers’ allowance for looking after you or anyone in your household?
You will be asked to enter your income from benefits. If you do not know how much you get, your original award letter will tell you. If you are not sure of the name of the benefit you get you should ask the Department for Work and Pensions or get more information on how to tell which benefit you receive.
Let's Get Started
If you don’t have the exact information that you need, it is possible to complete the process using estimations, but please be aware that the calculation may not be correct for you. The full check should take around 5 minutes to complete.