Federation Meeting - Thursday 8th October 2020
The Federation successfully held another virtual meeting via Microsoft Teams.
There were 3 main agenda items;
We had 2 guest speakers at the meeting. Firstly Louise Gealy, Tenancy Services Manager, gave an update about the new Housing Officers and their patches and secondly Jasper South explained his interim management role covering Ally Stavrianakos’ maternity leave.
Federation grant bid
The Federation unanimously voted to support the work of the Children Safety Education Foundation and awarded a grant of £2,850 to deliver 2 bespoke programmes called the Will Power Programme and the Respect Your Life Programme.
The schools that will benefit from this programme are:
- Winshill Primary School
- Richard Wakefield Primary School
- Anglesey Primary School
- Horninglow Primary School, Burton on Trent
- Eton Park Primary School, Burton on Trent
Morrisons have generously offered 15% off the cost of the groceries for the Christmas food parcels. In addition Morrisons will make up and pack each Christmas food parcel reusing cardboard vegetable boxes rather than plastic bags. The food boxes contain a selection of meals, some Christmas treats and household items and will be distributed to vulnerable tenants and families just before Christmas.
Please get in contact with firstname.lastname@example.org is you have any suggestions or comments that you would like to make to the Federation.
The next Federation meeting is Thursday 5th November 2020 on Microsoft Teams.
Federation Meeting - Thursday 10th September 2020
The Federation last met for their Annual General Meeting in the Trent & Dove boardroom back in March just before the lock down started. Last Thursday, using Microsoft Teams, the Federation members met virtually from the comfort of their own homes and successfully demonstrated that they can continue to represent their local residents during the pandemic.
There were two main agenda items;
- The Globe Foundation submitted a bid to the Federation for help towards their refurbishment costs of their new premises in The Old Mill Building, Uttoxeter. The Globe Foundation was set up in 2018 to protect and enhance the natural world by reducing the impact of modern living. The Federation unanimously voted to support the bid and awarded a £5,000 grant. To find out more about the Globe Foundation, please click here. Kate Copeland, director of the Globe Foundation will be invited to the next Federation meeting to give an update on their project move and refurbishment.
- Christmas! Yes although we are still in September the Federation discussed plans the plans this year for Christmas. Last year Trent & Dove delivered more than 140 Christmas food parcels to vulnerable people in our community. This year Trent & Dove are anticipating a greater need for these and the Federation have kindly agreed to donate £1,000 towards this much needed project.
The next meeting of the Federation meeting will be held on Thursday 8th October on Microsoft Teams.