Impact on the Community Awards 2022
In May we will be holding our 16th annual Impact on the Community Awards. Each year, the awards evening recognises all of the vital work carried out by individual people and organisations and shines a spotlight on the projects which are “Transforming Homes, Lives and Communities” in our region.
Following the success of last year's Covid Hero Awards, we are delighted to announce that the event will be in partnership with Burton Albion Community Trust.
Burton Albion Community Trust has been at the heart of life in East Staffordshire for the last 12 years.
The charity arm of Burton Albion Football Club is committed to making a positive impact in the community it serves, whether that’s through education, physical and mental wellbeing or employability.
Working with partner organisations and with the full support and powerful branding of an EFL football club, BACT has also been a key player in the local response to the pandemic.
BACT works closely with Trent & Dove and shares the same core values, which is why the trust is delighted to be supporting and promoting the Impact on the Community Awards.
Nominations are now open!
This year there are 9 categories
- Overall impact on the community – individual
- A person with dedication to having a positive impact on their community.
- Overall impact on the community – organisation
- The most impressive community impact delivered by an organisation.
- Community Project
- The most impressive community initiative led by a community or small constituted group.
- Impact on young people – individual or organisation
- A person or group with dedication to supporting and guiding young people. Nominees could be working in a professional or voluntary basis and can show ongoing commitment and understanding in their field of work.
- Impact on older people – individual or organisation
- A person with an outstanding dedication to their role as a volunteer or care worker with older people, or the best scheme or project for older people which can evidence promotion of individual choice and independence whilst still providing support.
- Impact on environment and sustainability
- A group, organisation or community champion that promotes sustainable environmental change; well being and behavioural impact
- Achievement by a younger person under 18
- Local Fundraiser
- A person who has given time and personal commitment to raising funds to support a cause that is close to their heart. This may be due to something that has touched their life in a personal way or for a charity or local project.
- Volunteer of the Year
- Someone who has had an impact on the community where they live or on people’s lives.
Nominations Extended - closing on Sunday 20th March 2022