Impact on the Community Awards 2023
In March we will be holding our 17th annual Impact on the Community Awards. Each year, the awards evening recognises all of the vital work carried out by individual people and organisations and shines a spotlight on the projects which are “Transforming Homes, Lives and Communities” in our region.
Following the success of last year's awards, we are delighted to announce that the event will be in partnership with Burton Albion Community Trust for the second year running.
Burton Albion Community Trust has been at the heart of life in East Staffordshire for the last 13 years.
The charity arm of Burton Albion Football Club is committed to making a positive impact in the community it serves, whether that’s through education, physical and mental wellbeing or employability.
Working with partner organisations and with the full support and powerful branding of an EFL football club, BACT has also been a key player in the local response to the pandemic.
BACT works closely with Trent & Dove and shares the same core values, which is why the trust is delighted to be supporting and promoting the Impact on the Community Awards.
Nominations are now open!
This year there are 9 categories
- Overall impact on the community – individual
- A person who is dedicated to having a positive impact on their community. From fundraising to planting wildflowers, or supporting older residents get their weekly shopping, we want to hear all about these individuals and how they regularly go above and beyond.
- Overall impact on the community – organisation
- The most impressive community impact delivered by an organisation. We're looking for companies who in addition to their day to day business, go out of their way to make a difference in the lives of others. Perhaps they donate time and materials to help community groups, or they tirelessly raise awareness and much-needed funds for a charity.
- Community Project
- The most impressive community initiative led by a community or small constituted group.
- Impact on young people – individual or organisation
- A person or group with a dedication to supporting and guiding young people. Nominees could be working in a professional or voluntary basis and can show ongoing commitment and understanding in their field of work.
- Impact on older people – individual or organisation
- A person with an outstanding dedication to their role as a volunteer or care worker with older people, or the best scheme or project for older people which can evidence promotion of individual choice and independence whilst still providing support.
- Impact on environment and sustainability
- A group, organisation or community champion that promotes sustainable environmental change, well-being and behavioural impact
- Achievement by a younger person under 18
- Age is just a number, and these individuals do not let their young age get in their way. Perhaps they're always baking for local charities, collecting for food banks, or cartwheeling for Cancer Research. Let us know how these young people have shown care and dedication beyond their years.
- Local Fundraiser
- A person who has given time and personal commitment to raising funds to support a cause that is close to their heart. This may be due to something that has touched their life in a personal way or for a charity or local project.
- Volunteer of the Year
- Someone who has had an impact on the community where they live or on people’s lives.
Nominations close at midnight on Sunday 6th November 2022