We understand that times are difficult as a result of the Coronavirus outbreak and some of you may be currently out of work or on Furlough leave at the moment. If you find yourself in a situation where you are unable to pay your rent, please talk to us, we are here to help you.
How can we help you?
If you get in touch, we can offer you:
- Advice on how to apply for Housing Benefit and help with filling in forms so you can maximise your income
- Advice to help you sort out your money problems
- Help with budgeting skills and managing your money.
Our dedicated employment team can also help you to find work or provide support with skills such as CV writing, interview techniques and job searching.
If you do not pay your rent, you could lose your home.
That is why it’s really important that you get in touch with us as early as possible to discuss any problems. If we do not hear from you and you don’t respond to any of our attempts to contact you, then we may start legal action.
This can lead to a court application to take possession of your home which is not what we want to happen.
If you find yourself falling behind with your rent, it is important you work with us to deal with the situation. We can speak to you by telephone or visit your home to work out repayment options if you are finding it tough. If you are in arrears:
- Don’t ignore the problem
- Don’t ignore our letters or telephone calls regarding rent arrears
- Don’t borrow money from door-to-door or payday lenders as it can make the problem worse.
Why you need to continue paying your rent…
We are proud of our homes and care about our customers who live in them. The rent you pay helps to make sure:
- You stay in your home
- Your home is repaired and serviced regularly
- Your home is kept safe with scheduled compliance checks
- We keep your neighbourhood clean and tidy
- We can improve your property.
To help us do this, it is important you pay your rent and you pay it on time. It is also a condition of your tenancy that your rent is paid.
What happens if I don’t pay?
We don’t want to lose you and we don’t want you to lose your home. That’s why we will do all we can to help you.
As soon as you start to experience money worries and have difficulty with your rent, it’s really important to get in touch with our Income Management Team straight away. You can call them on 01283 528528 or use the contact us form.