These are repairs necessary to deal with an immediate danger or to minimise very serious damage to the property.
To report an emergency repair, please telephone us immediately. Even when our offices are closed, the main switchboard number at our Head Office is operational out of hours, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you need to report an emergency repair please call:
Examples Of Emergency Repairs:
- Gas Leaks. Contact the National Grid immediately - 0800 111 999, then let us know.
- Major Leaks in hot or cold water systems, heating systems or roofs when the leak cannot be adequately controlled.
- Total failure of electrical power/lights.
- No Water.
- No Heat, between 1 October and 31 March where an elderly person is living in the property, or other exceptional circumstances.
- Toilet/WC not working, broken or blocked where there is only one in the property.
- Boarded up doors & windows where safety/security is effected.
- Dangerous electrical fittings.
- Fire, smoke and carbon monoxide alarms which persistently sound and cannot be reset.
- Fire damage, making safe only.
- Overflow running.
- Lift breakdown.
- Warden call system failure.
- Emergency lighting failure.
If you are still unsure, please contact us and we will be happy to advise you further on what constitutes as an emergency, urgent or routine repair.
For all non-emergency repairs please complete a repairs request.