Mould forming on walls, ceilings, furnishings or clothes is usually the result of condensation. You can eradicate the mould by washing down the affected surface with a fungicide. However, the only permanent cure is by reducing the condensation.
You can do this by:
- Opening windows to let out steam during and after bathing or showering.
- Drying wet clothes outside on washing lines, not on radiators.
- Opening windows when cooking.
- Ensuring that if you use a tumble dryer it is properly vented to the outside.
- Extractor fans fitted in the property are used on a regular basis