Abuse of an Adult or Child

At Trent & Dove we believe the safety and welfare of our customers is important and it's everyone's responsibility to report any concerns they have. You can help us to do this by reporting it if you think a child or adult is being abused:

  • If you think someone is in immediate danger, dial 999 and tell the police
  • If you are concerned about someone's safety, please report it directly to your Local Authority Safeguarding Team via this link

More information about contacting the police can be found on this link

Domestic Abuse

If you're in immediate danger, or you think someone else is dial 999 and tell the police

Contact 101 if it’s not an emergency, further information on contacting the Police can be found here - https://www.police.uk/pu/contact-the-police/

If you're experiencing domestic abuse, or you're worried that a neighbour might be at risk, there is help available.

About domestic abuse

The UK government’s definition of domestic abuse is 'Any incident or pattern of incidents of controlling, coercive or threatening behaviour, violence or abuse between those aged 16 or over who are or have been intimate partners or family members regardless of gender or sexuality. This can encompass, but is not limited to, the following types of abuse:

• psychological

• physical

• sexual

• financial

• emotional

Controlling behaviour is a range of acts designed to make a person subordinate and/or dependent by isolating them from sources of support, exploiting their resources and capacities for personal gain, depriving them of the means needed for independence, resistance and escape and regulating their everyday behaviour. Coercive behaviour is an act or a pattern of acts of assault, threats, humiliation and intimidation or other abuse that is used to harm, punish, or frighten their victim.'

Domestic abuse can affect anyone – Women, men and those who identify as non-binary. It can occur in any relationship – heterosexual, gay, lesbian, bisexual, young or old.

You can contact the National Domestic Abuse Helpline  for advice and support: ring them on 0808 2000 247 at any time. A charity called Respect  runs an advice line for men, which is 0808 801 0327.

Galop is the UK’s LGBT+ anti-abuse charity. They work with and for LGBT+ victims and survivors of abuse and violence. National Helpline for LGBT+ Victims and Survivors of Abuse and Violence 0800 999 5428

Local help

New Era
Help for victims and perpetrators in Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent. Call 0300 303 3778

Derbyshire Domestic Abuse Helpline
Provides a range of support services for men, women or children affected by domestic abuse. Call 0800 0198 668 

For victims of domestic abuse in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland. Call 0808 802 0028